Professore Onorario di malattie infettive Università Vita-Salute San Raffaele
- From 1970– to1978: Fellow at the professor-ship of Medical Semeiotics, and then at Internal Medicine IV, Internal Medicine II, Infectious Diseases University of Milan Italy
- From 1983 – to 1991: Senior registrar at the Infectious Diseases Clinic "L.Sacco" Hospital, University of Milan. Italy
- he Division of Infectious Diseases has 72 beds for hospitalization, 7 beds for shelter daily, 5 clinics, a laboratory for advanced diagnostics in infectious disease and Tropical.It is the seat of the School of Specialization in Infectious Diseases and the School of Specialization in Tropical Medicine, the PhD "Infectious Diseases".
- From 1988 – to 1999: Associated Professor in Infectious Diseases University of Milan, Italy
- From 1990 to 1999: Director of the post-graduate School in Tropical Medicine. University of Milan, Italy
- From 1999 – to nov 2016: Full Professor in Infectious Diseases, Vita-Salute San Raffaele University, Milan Italy
- From 2000 - to nov 2016 / from 2001-2004 / from 2011 – to 2015: Director of post-graduate School in Infectious Diseases, Vita-Salute San Raffaele, Milan. Scientific Vice Director of San Raffaele Scientific Institute Chairman of the University Board (Infectious Diseases Disciplines)
- From 1991 – to date: Head of Infectious Diseases Division (to 2008), Director of Infectious Diseases Department (from 2008) San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan. Italy
- The department is the coordinating center of many national clinical trials. Use experimental therapies and therapeutic strategies, particularly of HIV infection and hepatitis. It also applies the results of research in the process of diagnosis and therapy.
- Mother tongue: Italian
- Other language: English, French
Job-related skills: Good Clinical Practice (GCP) Training during several ongoing Investigator’s Meeting
- Since 1984 is author or co-author of more than 700 scientific pubblications in peer-reviewed international journals.
Projects and grants
- Since 1987 is principal investigator and coordinator in several institutional research’s projects and international HIV and hepatitis clinical trials